9 Feb 2022
Polestar CF LLP believes it has a responsibility to the environment beyond just what is mandated by regulators and, as such, is committed to reducing its impact as part of its core business strategy.
The firm’s sustainability policy is implemented across all levels of business, and all employees are encouraged to take responsibility in their respective areas.
We aim to:
- Maintain and increase employee awareness of our environmental impact.
- Continually evaluate and reduce our impact on the environment.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements.
ENERGY & WATER
- Ensure all lights and electrical equipment are turned off/fully powered down when not in use.
- Adjust usage of heating/air conditioning in line with its energy consumption
- Consider the energy consumption of products when buying new ones.
- Repair, reuse and recycle wherever possible.
- Consider buying used or rented products in place of brand new.
- Favour investing in more environmentally friendly supplies.
- Encourage the use of public transport wherever possible.
- Promote the use of video conferencing in place of journeys where appropriate.
- Offer a flexible work-from-home model to accommodate less travel.
- Minimise the use of paper wherever possible in the office.
- Buy recycled paper and cardboard products.
- Reuse paper products as much as possible.
Steps already taken:
With regards to our aims, we have already started on our sustainability journey:
- All lights in our office operate on a motion-sensitive timer, meaning none can be left on accidentally.
- All lights also now use energy-efficient LED bulbs.
- Almost all of the team takes public transport, walks or cycles to work.
- A flexible work-from-home schedule has been implemented to reduce unnecessary travel to and from the office.